Sixteen soldiers who survived last week’s attack Al-Shabaab attack on a Kenyan military base in Somalia arrived in Nairobi on Monday.
They arrived at Wilson Airport at noon aboard a Kenya Air Force plane.
The soldiers were received by Defence Cabinet Secretary Raychelle Omamo and Chief of Defence Forces Samson Mwathethe.
“This is another group of heroes and though they have no physical injuries, they are exhausted because of the ordeal they went through,” Ms Omamo said.
All soldiers looked fit, except one, who was limping.
Some of them were carrying rifles.
Ms Omamo said more soldiers had been sent to the Gedo region, where the attack occurred, to carry out “search and recovery” operations.
She added that the number of soldiers killed would be made public once the operation ends.