Kajiado Governor David Nkedianye has set the stage for rejecting the county’s 2017 gubernatorial elections when declared that he has no confidence in the results being announced by IEBC.
Provisional results from IEBC show that Jubilee candidate Joseph ole Lenku is headed for a comfortable win.
In results posted on the IEBC portal at 11.45pm Wednesday, Mr Lenku was leading with 164,503 votes (54.12%) while Dr Nkedianye had 135,771 votes (44.67%).
Dr Nkedianye, on Wednesday afternoon convened a hastily arranged media briefing at Bush Camp Resort on Kajiado where he dismissed the provisional results by IEBC terming them as fake.
“We do not have faith in the results being relayed on TV and neither do we recognise them as they are not genuine,” said a downcast Dr Nkedianye who was flanked by Kajiado Central MP Elijah Memusi.
Dr Nkedianye said that he would not recognise the provisional results in the absence of Form 34A.
“We are awaiting the results from Form 34A as well as the remaining results,” he said.
“In the meantime we are asking the people of Kajiado to remain peaceful.”
The usually vocal Memusi did speak to journalists.
The same provisional results indicate that Mr Memusi has shaken off the challenge of Christopher Koisikir of Jubilee and is likely to retain his Kajiado Central seat.
On Monday, Dr Nkedianye organised another media briefing in Kitengela, where he alleged that ballot papers marked in favour of Mr Ole Lenku had been intercepted.
However, he did not provide evidence to back his allegations.