Some foods are not only delicious to eat, but give the skin a delicious appearance and scent. These foods and fruits have been used for centuries by women from as far as the Polynesian Islands all the way to the tropical isles of the Indian ocean as beauty aids.
Luckily, Kenya being in the tropics is well supplied with many of these beautiful foods. They include.
1. PINEAPPLE WASH: Pineapple is rich in enzymes which break down dead skin cells. Make a delicious facial wash by mashing up slice of pineapple. Add a drop of shower gel and use it to wash your face and body. You will marvel at how soft your skin will feel and look.
2. BANANA FACE MASK: The high potassium level of ripe banana is absorbed into your skin to give an instant revitalising effect. Mash half a banana and then apply to freshly cleansed skin. Leave for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water. Your skin will look soft and glowing all of a sudden.
3. COCONUT OIL: Apply a generous quantity of coconut oil all over your body immediately after stepping out of the shower or bath. The oil, being natural is rapidly absorbed into the skin to leave it silky smooth feel.
4. TURMERIC SKIN BRIGHTENER: Turmeric is widely used as a spice in cooking, but it also doubles up as a skin beautifier. Mix one teaspoon into a thick paste with plain yogurt. Apply to freshly cleansed or washed skin and leave for 15 minutes.
Rinse with tepid water. the Turmeric imparts a golden glow to the skin, as well as softening it.
5. GOAT MILK: Goat milk is rich and creamy. It enriches the skin to give it a soft creamy appeal. Use it on your face at night for one month. After washing your face, pat in the goat milk using your fingers or cotton wool. Allow it to dry and do not rinse it until the next day in the morning.