Nothing beats the feeling of taking a shower after a long day or work. Here are some tips on how to maximise your bath time so that it gives you great benefits in terms of freshness and beauty.
1. If you are using a shower, try alternating hot and cold water. This helps “wake up” your nerves. It works especially well in the mornings.
2. Wind down with a bath in the evening by soaking in lukewarm water to which two handfuls of Epsom salts have been added. This helps relieves even the most tired feeling.
3. Once a week, rub your entire body with a mixture of coarse sea salt mixed with shower gel to invigorate your skin and remove dead skin.
4. Try dry skin brushing as part of your daily bath routine. This will help reduce cellulite and boost your circulation.
5. Use the power of aromatherapy while showering to energise yourself in the morning. Select fragrances such as citrus or lemon based shower gels. To relax in the evening, select floral scented gels.
6 .If you suffer from dry, itchy skin, try adding two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your bath water. Vinegar is a natural remedy for dryness and itching.
7. Pluck your eyebrows immediately after showering for a painless experience.
8. Apply moisturiser immediately after washing while your skin is still damp. The moisturiser holds in the water content in your upper skin layer, preventing dehydration.
9 .Remove dead skin from knees and elbows after soaking in a bath for 10 minutes.
10. Ensure that you bath twice daily, in the morning and evening. If it is not possible to have a full bath, a French bath works just as well.
11 .Use liquid soap or shower gel if you live in areas where the water is hard e.g at the Coast. The formulation of these helps the water to foam without creating a scum.