The controversy at the Youth Enterprise Development Fund escalated after former acting Chief Executive Officer Immanuel Odero insisted he is still at the helm even after he was replaced by Mr Morris Ondiek.
Mr Odero, who was replaced on Friday last week after falling out with the board, chaired by Mr Bruce Odhiambo, is said to have sent text messages to the staff, insisting he was still in charge.
“As far as I know, I am the acting CEO,” Mr Odero said when the Nation sought his comment on Sunday.
Mr Odero also confirmed he was carjacked by four men on Saturday night and reported the matter to the Industrial Area Police Station. He was, however, freed unhurt.
Sources at the fund said the board that replaced Mr Odero was not properly constituted and hence his adamant position that he is still the boss.
“Two people were not supposed to sit on the board as they are no longer members after a circular from the Chief of Staff indicated that no State employee should sit [on] any corporation board, to prevent them from drawing double salaries,” said a source who declined to be named.
The controversy revolves around Sh70 million Mr Odero is said to have secured from the Treasury to pay salaries and clear pending bills.