Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) are still questioning 28 students from Isiolo Boys High School following unrest at the school on Sunday, leading to its closure.
The students, who were arrested during the incident, are out on Sh5,000 police bond each.
Isiolo Deputy District Criminal Investigation Officer (DCIO) Abed Kavoo said the boys, who are being treated as suspects, had recorded statements and will lead police to main culprits.
“The suspects have recorded statements and have named others who will be recalled to assist us with the investigations,” Mr Kavoo said.
The school with 309 students was closed indefinitely following unrest after a section of students clashed.
Some students had already fled the facility during the incident before Isiolo Sub County education officer John Nzinga instructed the remaining students to pack and go home.
The clashing students burnt mattresses, beddings, boxes and smashed windows in two dormitories.
The deputy DCIO said that students who were out on an event differed on the type of music played in the bus while they were returning back and the matter could have instigated the clash.
The School’s Board of Management which is also digging into the matter met Monday.
The board will discuss when the school will be reopened.