Man kills brother accused of having sex with his mother

Monday March 09 2020

Shocked residents at a home in Kegati village, Kisii County, where a man allegedly hacked his brother to death after he found him having sex with their mother. PHOTO | BENSON AYIENDA | NATION MEDIA GROUP


A 35-year-old man in Kegati Village, Kisii County, was hacked to death on Sunday night by his younger brother over claims that he had a sexual relationship with his own mother.

Neighbours claimed the victim had been having sex with his mother for a long time and it was something known to the public.

It was said that his younger brother had gone to check on his mother at around 9pm but he did not find her.

He went back at 11pm and heard people talking in the house. He called his mother but there was no response.


He broke the window to gain access to the house only to find his mother and elder brother in bed.


The two were allegedly drunk and could not identify the person who had broken the window.

When the elder brother tried to escape, his sibling, who was armed with a panga, attacked him, and called neighbours to witness what was going on.

“When we arrived, we found the man seriously injured and his mother was in bed drunk. When police officers arrived about three hours later, he had already succumbed to the injuries,” said a neighbour.


The victim’s sister said that the man was not married and used to stay late into the night in their mother’s house.

Their father works in Nairobi and has not been home for some time.

Kisii County Police Commander Jebel Ngere said that they had been informed by the public about the incident.

“It is alleged that the man was caught having sex with his biological mother aged 55. However, locals should not take the law into their own hands and instead they should report such incidents to the relevant authorities,” said the police boss.

He said the woman was arrested and is assisting police with investigations while the man who hacked his brother to death is still at large.

The victim's body was moved to Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital mortuary awaiting post-mortem.