At least 200 students at Mokubo Mixed High School in Kisii County have agreed to repeat Form Four following the cancellation of their 2017 KCSE exam results.
Only one candidate out of the 205 students who sat for the 2017 examinations received his results.
The ministry allowed the rest of the students to repeat the exam this year.
A counselling session was held with the students, teachers and their parents.
Those who have agreed to repeat the exam will begin classes on Monday.
Education officials said massive irregularities were detected during the marking of the school’s examinations.
“Most of students have since agreed that they settle down and study for this year’s examination,” said County Education director William Sugut.
He urged students to prepare well for the upcoming exams.
Dr Sugut said their tuition fees would be subsidised.
“They will not be required to pay everything. For better performance the remedy remains the same – studying hard,” he said.
Last week some parents threatened to sue over the cancellation of the exam results.
They claimed the candidates had first gotten “clean” results after sending text messages to receive results.
They said they did not understand when the Kenya National Examinations Council declared the results invalid.
Earlier, journalists who had gone to make enquiries at the school were hastily ordered out by an angry board chairman and the local chief.
They said highlighting the incident in the media could dent the school’s image.
Instead, journalists were referred to the county education office for information on the matter.