A middle-aged man in Mwingi was electrocuted to while operating a high pressure car wash machine on Friday.
It is reported that the cause was a faulty electric connection.
The owner of the business, Mr Dickson Kyalo, said: "The young man has been working for me for a quite a while now. I was called while still at home and informed that my employee had been electrocuted. I immediately rushed there, only to find that he was no more."
Mwingi Central OCPD John Nyamu said the body has been taken to Mwingi Level Five Hospital mortuary.
"I’m aware of the incident and I have already sent my team there to collect the body and undertake investigations to help us understand what really caused the death," Mr Nyamu said.
He cautioned residents against making unauthorised electric connections.