alexa Property lost as beach restaurant catches fire in Diani - Daily Nation
 
  

Property lost as beach restaurant catches fire in Diani

Monday October 15 2018

Bidu Badu Beach Restaurant in Diani

Fire burns Bidu Badu Beach Restaurant in Diani, Kwale County on October 15, 2018. Property worth millions of shillings was destroyed. PHOTO | FADHILI FREDRICK | NATION MEDIA GROUP 

FADHILI FREDRICK
By FADHILI FREDRICK
More by this Author

Property worth millions of shillings has gone up in smoke after fire razed Bidu Badu Beach Restaurant in Diani, Kwale County.

Msambweni OCPD Joseph Chebusit said the makuti-thatched restaurant caught fire at around 1pm Monday which spread quickly due to strong winds.

He said the fire started from the kitchen and gutted a fully equipped and well-stocked restaurant's bar.

"It is reported that the fire started in the kitchen but we are yet to establish the cause," he said.

All the people in the restaurant at the time managed to escape unhurt.

"The blaze left an immense destruction of property but luckily enough there were no injuries reported," he said.

Advertisement

The restaurant has been a favourite place for both locals and tourists who usually enjoy the cool breeze from the Indian Ocean.