The driver and turnboy who had been isolated over Covid-19 fears in Makueni County have been discharged.
Makueni Health Executive Andrew Mulwa said tests on the two done by the Kenya Medical Research Institute turned negative.
"We received the official test results of the two suspected cases in Makindu from Kemri earlier today. Both tests are negative. We have discharged them. We thank God," Dr Mulwa said in a statement.
After their release from Makindu Sub-County Hospital, they took fried potato chips for supper as they warmed up for their journey to Mombasa.
They had been detained since Wednesday after an alert was circulated to the police by Makindu Deputy County Commissioner James Kamau, claiming that tests done in Uganda indicated that one of them was infected.