At least one person was killed and more than 50 houses torched as clashes between two rival communities escalated in Narok South on Thursday.
The killing brings to two the number of people who have died so far died in the bloody confrontation.
The government dispatched a contingent of security personnel to quell the violence.
Police were forced to fire in the air to disperse youths who were armed with bows and arrows.
Human Rights lawyer Kanyinge Sena narrowly escaped death when he was attacked by armed youths at Ololoipangi.
“I was here to try and drive away my cows but more than 100 youths shot my vehicle with arrows, and I was forced to shoot in the air,” said Mr Sena on phone.
Narok County Police Commander Thomas Ngeiwua said the chaos erupted at Nkoben and Chepalungu villages in the Maasai Mau Forest where one man was killed.
Mr Ngeiwua said 67 goats that were stolen have been recovered.
“Some of the raiders drove the stolen animals towards Chepalungu, Center 1 and Kipchoge where eviction of settlers has been going on,” he added.
Top security officials held a crisis meeting to address the clashes that have displaced hundreds of residents living on the edge of Mau forest.
The fighting started when members of the one community went on a revenge mission after one of their kin was killed by youths from another community.
The chaos have increased tension in the area with both communities accusing each other of fanning the violence.
But a section of Narok leaders led by Narok North MP Moitalel Ole Kenta said the clashes were politically instigated to divert the attention of the planned Mau forest evictions.
“This clashes are one way to diverting attention of the intended phase two of the forest evictions that is due to start very soon,’ said Mr Kenta.