Two in ICU after gas cylinder explosion - Daily Nation
Breaking News

Two in Nyeri ICU after cooking gas cylinder explodes

Thursday June 7 2018

Two people are in the ICU after a cooking gas

Two people are in the ICU after a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house in Nyeri town on June 6, 2018. PHOTO | JOSEPH KANYIN | NATION MEDIA GROUP 

By IRENE MUGO
More by this Author

Two people are in the ICU after a cooking gas cylinder exploded in a house in Nyeri town.

One other person is also admitted at the Nyeri County Referral Hospital following the Wednesday night explosion that neighbours say ripped off the house’s roof.

Those were injured in the explosion are a woman, her child and neighbour.

"We just heard a loud bang and almost immediately there was a huge cloud of smoke in the air," said Ms Jane Wanjiku, a neighbour.

This is the second cooking gas cylinder explosion to happen in Nyeri town in a month.

In the previous incident, 16 people were hospitalised after a gas cylinder exploded in a restaurant at Mudavadi market in Nyeri County.

Following the explosion, residents have raised concerns over counterfeit gas cylinders.

They want the Energy Regulatory Commission to conduct a crackdown in the county to arrest traders suspected of selling fake gas cylinders.