Kenyan Premier League (KPL) side AFC Leopards has issued notice for their Annual General Meeting (AGM) which interestingly enough will be held via electronic means.
The club announced the development via a communique in their official portal on Wednesday.
“Notice is hereby given that this year’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) of AFC Leopards Sports Club will be held via electronic communication on Sunday, June 28, 2020, at 10 am unless otherwise directed to conduct the following business,” the statement reads in part.
“Due to the ongoing restrictions on public gatherings by the Government, members will not be able to attend the AGM in person but will have the opportunity to participate in the meeting electronically. All documents to be processed in the meeting will be made available on our official website (www.afcleopards.co.ke) and members may ask questions in advance of the meeting,” it adds.
Part of the agenda of the AGM will be a review of the financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2019 as well as appointing independent auditors.
1. To read the notice convening the meeting.
2. To consider and adopt minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 23rd June 2019.
3. To receive, consider and adopt the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2019 and the Auditor’s report thereon.
4. To appoint the Independent Auditors of the Club for the year ending 31 December 2020.
5. To transact any other business of which due notice has been received.
“Members are encouraged to continuously monitor the club’s website and online platforms for updates relating to the AGM due to the continuous evolving situation with Covid-19 pandemic and the government directives being subject to change. We appreciate the understanding of our members as we navigate the evolving business environment posed by Covid-19 pandemic,” the statement concludes.
AFC Leopards chairman Dan Shikanda recently revealed the club has slightly over 2000 members.