Former Harambee Stars coach Sebastien Migne will be job hunting once again after the Equatorial Guinea Football Federation (FEGUIFUT) confirmed it will not renew his short-term contract.
Migne, who was sacked by Football Kenya Federation last year following a spate of poor results, has blamed the coronavirus pandemic for the fallout with FEGUIFUT.
FEGUIFUT announced on Thursday they will not renew the Frenchman's contract which expires at the end of this month.
Migne, who took charge of Equatorial Guinea National team in November 2019 after parting ways with Harambee Stars, failed to beat Tunisia and Tanzania in 2021 Africa Cup on Nations qualifiers and this placed him on the chopping board.
He however blames the Covid-19 pandemic and family issues for failing to settle and get the job done in Equatorial Guinea.
"We mutually decided to stop our collaboration. My family is still in Kenya and it’s my priority to recover them. With coronavirus, it’s seemed complicated to be focused immediately with my job in Equatorial Guinea," Migne told Nation Sport.
"It was a good experience in another good country but with the virus it was difficult to build something enough strong to compete well," he added.
Migne, who cut a deal with FKF in regards to his compensation after he was relieved off his duties as Harambee Stars coach, says he expects the federation to respect the terms and pay him in time.