A pigeon started a fire at an apartment in London after dropping a cigarette.
The pesky bird has been blamed for starting the blaze in south London, England, as firefighters believe it dropped a lit cigarette - which it's believed to have picked up in its nest on the roof of the building - into the flat, causing a fire that forced nine residents to flee the property.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters attended the scene of the inferno on Landor Road just after ten o'clock on Wednesday night.
The roof of the apartment block was damaged but all of the residents who managed to escape the blaze were uninjured.
London Fire Brigade's Matt Cullen said: "We believe that one of the birds picked up a cigarette butt that was still smouldering and dropped it into the nest, causing it to catch fire and set the roof alight."