All set for Sharon Otieno post-mortem - Daily Nation

All set for slain Sharon Otieno post-mortem

Saturday September 8 2018

Sharon Otieno

Ms Sharon Otieno who was kidnapped with Nation journalist Barrack Oduor on September 3, 2018. She was found dead on September 5, 2018. PHOTO | COURTESY 

By RUTH MBULA
More by this Author

Doctors will today morning carry out a post-mortem on the body of the late Sharon Otieno, whose gruesome murder has shocked the nation, at the Rachuonyo Level Four Hospital in Oyugis.

Her body has been lying at the county mortuary since Wednesday when it was discovered in a thicket.

On Thursday when the Nation visited the hospital, there was little activity at the facility.

However, attendants said a family pathologist had arrived earlier in the day at the mortuary but could not do anything as he awaited the government pathologist.

A team of about 10 special investigative officers from Nairobi were at the Oyugi’s police station but declined to comment on anything.

“I am not allowed to speak to the media. Talk to the bosses here,” one of the lady officers said.

INVESTIGATIONS

According to sources, the team visited the morgue where they viewed Ms Otieno’s body and made notes.

On Wednesday, Director of Criminal Investigations George Kinoti had promised crack the murder case of Ms Otieno in three days.

He said he had dispatched a special team of homicide detectives to Homa Bay to investigate the murder.

The detectives will also look into the attempted murder of Nation reporter Barrack Oduor, who escaped death narrowly.

The team, Mr Kinoti said, will trace the events that led to the murder of the second-year Rongo University student whose body was found in a thicket near Kodera Forest in the wee hours of Wednesday.

Already, key statements have been taken from some of the witnesses and some of the suspects are staring at arrest.

"The investigators are waiting for the postmortem and DNA tests and we hope to get to the bottom of all this. Actually, we are at the tail-end,” Mr Kinoti told the Nation on phone, adding: "We cannot name the main suspect as at now but rest assured that no one will be spared.”

Advertisement