As Kenya Airway's Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner touches down at the JF Kennedy International airport Monday at 1:25pm local time to complete historic flight, here are some fast facts.
- KQ becomes the first airline to offer a non-stop flight between East Africa and the United States of America.
- Direct flights can make stopovers either to refuel or to pick more passengers.
- KQ has been classified as both non-stop and direct.
- Airline will offer daily flights to and from New York.
- It requires four pilots and 12 flight attendants.
- Plane uses 85 tonnes of fuel each way.
- Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner has a capacity of 234 passengers.
- Flight shaves off seven hours from current flight duration of 22 hours.
- A return ticket from Nairobi to New York currently starts at Sh66,560, according to the Kenya Airways website.