Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji has appointed a team of prosecutors to provide technical assistance to detectives investigating the Dusit hotel terror attack to ensure culprits are brought to justice.
In a press release on Friday, Mr Haji said so far preliminary investigations confirm that the five suspects arrested over the matter have a case to answer.
The suspects are Joel Ng'ang'a Wainaina, Oliver Kanyago Muthee, Gladys Kaari Justus, Guleid Abdihakim and Osman Ibrahim.
"I am satisfied that there is probable cause to continue with investigations against all the suspects. The investigations into this matter are complex and transnational and would therefore require sufficient time and resources to uncover the entire criminal syndicate," he said.
During their arraignment today, Senior Principal Magistrate Martha Mutuku ordered police to detain them for 30 days to allow the investigating officer time to carry out his duties.
Regardless of the charges the suspects are facing, Mr Haji said their human rights must be upheld at all times.
He pledged to help the country find justice and help avert a recurrence.
"I take this opportunity to assure the country that we shall do everything possible to ensure that the persons behind the organisation, planning, funding and/or execution of the terror attack are brought to book and that justice is delivered to the victims of this heinous crime."
During the attack that took place on January 15, 21 people died and about 700 were rescued.
President Uhuru Kenyatta said he will continue pushing for a safe Kenya, and Africa at large, by combating terrorists and their enablers.