Police on Monday pounced on suspects named in the ongoing National Youth Service probe after the DPP ordered their immediate prosecution.
Thirteen of the suspects were arrested in Nairobi while four were nabbed in Naivasha.
The NYS Director-General Richard Ndubai is among those who have been arrested.
The suspects have been taken to DCI headquarters on Kiambu Road, Nairobi.
Here is the list some of those arrested:
- Ms Lillian Mbogo Omollo, Public Service PS (surrendered to police).
- Mr Richard Dubai, NYS Director-General
- Mr Sam Muchuki
- Mr Peter Muchui
- Mr Matano Odoyo, NYS
- Mr James Thuita Nderitu, businessman
- Ms Yvonne Wanjiku Ngugi, businesswoman
- Mr Sammy Mbugua
- Mr Timothy Kiplangat Rotich
- Mr Wellanalo Mulupi, NYS
- Mr David Kirui
- Mr Ferdinard Matavo
- Ms Keziah Mwangi, NYS
- Mr Duba Galgalo
- Mr Isaiah Adalo Chopia
- Ms Ann Wambere Wanjiku Ngirita, NYS supplier
- Ms Lucy Wambui Ngirita, Wambere's mother
- Ms Phyllis Ngirita, Wambere's sister
- Mr Gicini Ngirita, Wambere's brother