Three people died in the Mukuru Fuata Nyayo slum in what is suspected to be carbon monoxide poisoning.
The three are alleged to have inhaled carbon monoxide gas from a burning jiko as they slept.
Mr Josephat Nzau, a neighbour, said the two women and a man were found dead on Wednesday night.
He said they decided to check on them after they noticed they had not come out of their house for two days.
“We found a pot filled with maize and beans on top of the jiko” Mr Nzau said.
He said the three were casual workers employed in South B Estate.
Makadara OCPD Nehemiah Langat said the bodies had no physical injuries.
The bodies were taken to the City Mortuary.
The incident comes just days after Mamy Runiga, the sister of the late gospel artiste Angela Chibalonza, was found dead in her bathroom in Nyayo Estate, Embakasi.
Ms Runiga's househelp said her employer had taken a jiko to the bathroom to boil some water and herbal medicine.