Deputy President William Ruto has promised the national football team, Harambee Stars, Sh50m if they qualify for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Ruto said the government has also released the Sh25 million requested by Football Kenya Federation for the team's preparations ahead of round three and four qualification matches against Ethiopia.
Speaking at the Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani on Friday when he visited the players during their morning training session, Ruto said the whole country is behind the team as they prepare to face Ethiopia on Sunday at the same venue in the reverse fixture after a 0-0 draw in Bahir Dar on Wednesday.
Stars will move to the brink of securing a place in next year's Cup of Nations in Cameroon with victory over the Walyia Antelopes.
"We had some delays with the allowances but it has been resolved. We released the Sh25 million yesterday for the team to prepare for this match," said the Deputy President.
"You will get your bus next month and if you win on Sunday, the government will give Sh50 million," Ruto added.
Harambee Stars coach Sebastien Migne, who earlier last week issued FKF with a "pay me or I quit notice" welcomed the government's support.
"We value your support, without you (government) it won't be possible," Migne said.
Harambee Stars top Group F on four points, one ahead of second-placed Ghana.